Welcome

Blue Views--remember to click photos to enlarge them...in some cases, it is well worth it.





Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Terrific Trio

What's On? Wednesday: Batman

Or more specifically, what's not on. I don't have cable, in fact, I don't have satellite or even "rabbit-ear" antennaes. The only TV I watch is whatever DVD I pull out of our collection. It could be a movie or a TV show, but there are shows that I still need to get or that are on my wish list. Luckily, it's been recently announced that two shows that they thought would never be released on DVD are finally being released: The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. It seems legal issues and rights have prevented their release, but they have since been negotiated and cleared.

The one show that I am desperate for a DVD release is the 60's Batman.

Adam West starred as Batman.



Burt Ward starred as Robin.



In the third season, they were joined by Yvonne Craig as Batgirl.




With a host of villains played by a multitude of celebrities and cameos from everybody who wanted to be anybody, this show has some high hurdles to leap in legalities before it will be released. Here's hoping, keep your fingers crossed.

I'll feature some of the villains in an upcoming post, but if you can't wait, go back and look at my Catwoman post. Until then, stay tuned: "Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel".

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that we will finally get Steve and Jamie on dvd! I love me some fembots. Great Batman post. Most of the eps are on youtube I beleive. My favorite was Batgirl and the Julie Newmar Catwoman.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails