Welcome

Blue Views--remember to click photos to enlarge them...in some cases, it is well worth it.





Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's a Supermonth!

With Marvel's Captain America making magazine covers and Ryan Reynolds starring as Green Lantern, I've decided to dedicate this month's posts to superheroes. Well not just any superheroes, but heroes of the female gender.

I've always liked the female heroes in comics, but it was rare that I got to see them in action in movies or on TV. At least, that's what I thought. I started thinking about all of the women who have appeared as masked crimefighters, caped crusaders, or spandex starlets and realized that there have been a lot of wonder women that have appeared across my television or movie screens.

Granted, the men always got more exposure like Superman and Batman. Each appeared in early serials:


But they've also graced the small screen,

and the big screen.

Other heroes have had their own TV shows like the Flash,

or appeared with many other heroes in animated form like Hawkman.


Well, ladies, it's time to shine! Each post will feature either one heroine in her many formats, or it may be just one specific show or movie that will be spotlighted. I will tell you that Wonder Woman, Batgirl and Supergirl will each get posts, but other lesser known supergals will also be mentioned like Black Canary, ElectraWoman, and Isis.

Now, while I do like Marvel characters, most will be from the DC Comics roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails